Lojban, the logical Language
- The pronunciation is regular and has very simple rules. No silent letters, no exceptions.
- The language can be parsed using computer parsers, and there are already several out there.
- Every sentence has only one interpretation of its syntax. There are no two sentences that sound almost the same, but have entirely different meanings (I see you with a telescope. am I holding the telescope, or are you?)
- There are many simple ways to do things that are very complex in other languages. Questions, for example, are just the same as normal sentences, but one (or more!) words are replaced with question words of the same type. No need to reorder sentences so the question word goes somewhere.
- It doesn't force one kind of sentence structure. Place the verb anywhere you want!
The list could go on, but I will spare you the details :)
Things I do/did with Lojban
lojban-teachparse teaches parsing simple sentences (with update)
Posted Sa 2011-03-26 22:03:59 +0100
Cavestory translation project
Posted Fr 2011-03-25 23:33:58 +0100
Posted Do 2011-03-24 14:32:46 +0100